Firearms and combatives/martial arts instructor who truly believes in helping others protect their families and themselves from violent encounters. Lifelong marital artist with over 30 years of martial arts experience, 20 years of teaching experience. With a renaissance philosophy, he believes that methods, techniques and tactics change so we should transcend dogma and continue to have an open mind, evolve and adapt. He believes that mindset is the primary attribute and that this attribute is developed by doing hard things and being comfortable with being uncomfortable. This also means minimizing distraction in a public environment and being prepared to act if needed. Humans have been the apex predator. Evolution Security instructors believe in helping students regain that apex position.
- Army Veteran
- Tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a soldier and civilian
- Instructor Level II/Black belt in Jeet Kune Do Concepts/MMA/Filipino MA under the late Terry Gibson/Darian Whittaker
- Apprentice Instructor II in Thai Boxing under Ajarn Chai Sirisute, of World Thai boxing Association
- Primary Martial Arts training now consist of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Professor Will Hagerty and wrestling and weapons based grappling
- Competitive Shooter, IDPA and various 2 or 3 gun matches
- Firearms training:
- Tactical Speed Shooting -The Praesidium Group, Mike Brown
- Multi-time Alum of Shivworks Extreme Close Quarters Concepts (ECQC), Craig Douglas
- Shivworks Edge Weapons Overview (EWO)
- Jiu Jitsu for Weapons Based Environment under Paul Sharp of Sharp Defense/Straight Blast Gym
- Hayley Strategic Vehicle Carbine Darkness, Travis Haley
- Pistol and Carbine under Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts
- Pistol and Carbine under James Yeager or Tactical Response
Aaron comes into the Evolution Security fold as an ardent student in the Classical Liberal tradition. Music, literature, history, mathematics, economics, business and the war arts. Eager and evolving martial artist and instructor. Open minded to test current knowledge and skill set for better techniques and better focus of time/mental resources. Confident that health, fitness, awareness and verbal creativity are the highest priorities for self defense and security. Likewise that firing projectiles and other forms of lethal force are low on the list of important masteries.
Years of dedication to study of boxing and Muay Thai under Eric Davis and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Robert Davenport of Gracie Jiu Jitsu Tulsa. Serious student of the pistol and AR15 platform for application against violent attacks from the parking lot to the home environment.
IDPA competitor and holding formal training under Mike Brown, SWAT Instructor Derek Shackleford, Shivworks/Craig Douglas, William April, Tom Givens, Spencer Keepers and Haley Strategic
Brian is a life long shooter, hunter and competitive shooter. He shares the same renaissance classical philosophy as the other EvoSec instructors and brings an innate capability to pick apart the complex and make it easy from firearms manipulation to the latest technologies. Brian is an avid long range rifleman competing in PRS matches and small bore silhouette. He also competes in various tactical pistol and carbine matches as well. A new convert to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Professor Will Hagerty, he has been diving deep into the world of grappling to come full circle in his defensive paradigm.